Looking Forward to a Brighter Future
What we are doing
- We’re striving for 100% clean energy in Colorado by 2040, and will outline steps for 2030-2040 reflecting our effort to achieve that goal in our 2024 resource plan for the Colorado PUC.
- We’re striving to maintain or reduce rates for members in all states as we implement the REP.
- We’re promoting participation in a western Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) to efficiently and cost-effectively integrate more renewables into the grid.
Our REP, like the broader energy transition, is dynamic. Expectations and goals, not to mention technologies and costs, are always changing, and we expect that our REP will change, too. While we work to accomplish the initiatives outlined here, we know we will add more in our pursuit of delivering on our mission: to provide reliable, affordable and responsible power to our members.
We all use electricity, and we are all part of the energy transition. How we work together to achieve this transition is what will make the difference to the people who provide electricity for us. We will all enjoy the benefits of this energy transition. Imagine what we can accomplish if we all work together to lessen its negative impacts.
We are energized by the potential of this transition, even as we recognize and work to manage the challenges that remain, which include a need for:
- Dedicated and meaningful support for transitioning communities
- Treatment for cooperative debt and stranded assets
- Participation in an RTO
- Streamlined siting and permitting for necessary infrastructure
To learn more about how we are looking forward to a brighter future, download our Responsible Energy Plan.